The Torah learning on this site is dedicated לעלוי נשמת Rochel Leah bas R’Chaim Tzvi
Naaleh
Email: forgot your password?
Password:
Remember Me
Create New Account
  HOME    SIGN UP    NAALEH COLLEGE    FAN PAGE    TORAH ARTICLES    DONATE    BECOME A PARTNER    CONNECT WITH US    LINKS  

Search
+  Naaleh
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Ask the Rabbi
| | |-+  Women
| | | |-+  Orthodox jewish bosses, etiquette and the business place
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Orthodox jewish bosses, etiquette and the business place  (Read 18685 times)
LaNita

« on: October 09, 2008, 12:47:19 AM »

just needed to delete that message, i don't
want to cause any trouble for my ex-boss.

he probably meant well, i just got carried away
by his charm.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 03:56:48 AM by LaNita » Logged
Fraidi1

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 04:51:41 AM »

Your question will be forwarded to one of our Rabbis and responded to as quickly as possible.
Rabbi Hershel Reichman

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 03:34:14 AM »

To LaNita,

I am greatly disturbed by the situation you described in your post.  Your ex-boss clearly violated Jewish Law (which prohibits physical contact with any woman other than immediate family members), so calling him Orthodox is a relative term that is not 100% accurate.

You were right in resisting his advances.  In terms of developing a relationship with him, as a Jew, he would only be able to marry you if you converted to Judaism, but Judaism frowns upon conversion solely for the sake of marriage.

If your interest in Judaism has been perked, and you would like to study Jewish belief and practice because you feel that this is the true path to serving G-d, you may be considered a candidate for conversion.  This is a long and difficult process, which involves months of study with an Orthodox Rabbi.

You may end up being disappointed after enduring a grueling process, so you might want to end your relationship with your former boss altogether.

Wishing you all the Best,

Rabbi Hershel Reichman
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 03:38:28 AM by Tzippy2 » Logged
LaNita

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 04:40:06 PM »

Thank you very much.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 03:57:23 AM by LaNita » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  
Valid XHTML 1.0!   Valid CSS!