The Torah learning on this site is dedicated לעלוי נשמת Rochel Leah bas R’Chaim Tzvi
Naaleh
Email: forgot your password?
Password:
Remember Me
Create New Account
  HOME    SIGN UP    NAALEH COLLEGE    NEW! BIKUR CHOLIM PROJECT    FAN PAGE    TORAH ARTICLES    DONATE    BECOME A PARTNER    CONNECT WITH US    LINKS  

Search
+  Naaleh
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Rabbi Hershel Reichman
| | |-+  Women
| | | |-+  Parshat Lech Lecha
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Parshat Lech Lecha  (Read 1198 times)
Ayala1

« on: March 02, 2008, 02:42:57 PM »

I found the mashal of the earth wanting to reach towards the heavens, but the heavens' pushing back, a really beautiful idea. When you think about it, since the world is round, when the sky pushes away one area of the world, it is also pushing the oposite side of the world closer to the sky on the other side. So the trials and troubles in our lives may seem to be pushing us down, but realy they are pushing us towards a different type of spirituality, in a direction that we may not have explored otherwise.
There are many times where I have seen this happen in my life and in the lives of my friends, where a challenge becomes the source of strength and growth that one would not have had before, and especially opening up new channels and areas for bringing kedusha into our lives. We just have to try to keep in mind the big picture, and not focus on the little patch of ground that feels like it's being pushed away, and rather remember the entire globe is realy being pulled closer.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  
Valid XHTML 1.0!   Valid CSS!