The Torah learning on this site is dedicated לעלוי נשמת Rochel Leah bas R’Chaim Tzvi
Naaleh
Email: forgot your password?
Password:
Remember Me
Create New Account
  HOME    SIGN UP    NAALEH COLLEGE    FAN PAGE    TORAH ARTICLES    DONATE    BECOME A PARTNER    CONNECT WITH US    LINKS  

Search
+  Naaleh
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Rebbetzin Heller
| | |-+  Women
| | | |-+  Shavuot Class 7
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shavuot Class 7  (Read 1063 times)
Tikvah

« on: March 13, 2008, 08:39:49 AM »

I have two comments on this shuir. One practical and one deeper.

Rebbetzin Heller gave many practical ideas for how to make Shabbat special. One thing we do in my family is to have special Shabbat toys that only come out on Shabbat and get put out of reach on Motzei Shabbat. For example my 2 year old has a set of finger puppets that we call Shabbos Animals. That helps to make Shabbat special for her and keeps her from getting board, which can be a problem on quieter Shabbats since she can't color or stick stickers and has no preschool.

On a deeper level Rebbitzen Heller described Shabbat as being a time of "inner life and meaning." She explained that Shabbat is the 7th day like a cube that's 7th area is the inside. I understand the analogy but I don't understand what is internal about Shabbat. Can someone please explain it to me?

Thanks,
Tikvah
Edith1

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 08:32:09 PM »

I think anyone who experiences shabbat tries to make the day special.  I use special dishes, eat in the dining room, always buy fresh flowers, make special foods, etc. 

Tikva has a great question. To me the inner dimension means understanding the true nature of things.  What we are created to do.  How Hashem guides our life. How we can see Hashem's hand in the world.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  
Valid XHTML 1.0!   Valid CSS!