The Torah learning on this site is dedicated לעלוי נשמת Rochel Leah bas R’Chaim Tzvi
Naaleh
Email: forgot your password?
Password:
Remember Me
Create New Account
  HOME    SIGN UP    NAALEH COLLEGE    NEW! BIKUR CHOLIM PROJECT    FAN PAGE    TORAH ARTICLES    DONATE    BECOME A PARTNER    CONNECT WITH US    LINKS  

Search
+  Naaleh
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Inspirational Stories
| | |-+  Women
| | | |-+  Getting our luggage through
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Getting our luggage through  (Read 5878 times)
Brochi

« on: July 14, 2008, 04:26:38 PM »

This story is not about a miracle, or a holy person, it's just about someone wanting to do a mitzvah, and having tremendous help from Hashem. 

My neighbor here in Ramat Beit Shemesh has a 'gmach', a chessed project, where she lends out baby swings for people with newborns.  Her mother buys them at closeout places in the US and then sends them whenever she can.  The latest find, a windup baby swing that is no longer manufactured and is in high demand for its convenience for use on Shabbos and Yom tov, was stuffed in a huge oversized duffel bag, waiting for a 'ride'.  My friend's mother went to a wedding and met someone from Israel who had flown in just for the simcha.  He was flying back that night.  She asked him how many suitcases he had with him, and when he told her had only one, she said, "Great  so you'll take a baby swing for my daughter's gmach.  It's in a huge duffel bag, but from my experience, when you bring things to Israel for a mitzva, they get through."

Well, he shlepped that oversized bag to the airport.  It didn't fit on the conveyor belt, and they had to call in special airport personnel to figure out how to get it on to the plane.  But no one said a word to him about paying a fine or leaving it behind, ad the swing made it's way here without a hitch!

If you do your part, Hashem will do His!
Karen1
Women Only

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:27:19 PM »

What a wonderful story Cheesy  Thank you!

Karen
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  
Valid XHTML 1.0!   Valid CSS!