Personal Information refers to any identifying information, which may include but is not limited to, first name, last name, email address, physical address and credit card information.
Those of you who live in the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstien, Norway and Iceland, possess additional rights regarding your Personal Information in compliance with the EU’s GDPR regulations as outlined below.
If you have any questions regarding this policy please contact us as listed in the “Contacting Us” section below.
Any further revisions to this policy will be brought to your attention.
We encourage you to read this policy fully and carefully.
The Data We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide us when reaching out to us, signing up for our newsletters, donating, filling out registeration or further information forms for Naaleh Tutors or Naaleh College and creating an account on Naaleh.com. In addition, we may collect information through third parties such as schools and organizations who request our services on your behalf, and service providers, such as but not limited to social networks and analytical services.
- Information you provide us through the following (but not necessarily limited to):
- Account Creation: In order to access all the features on Naaleh.com you provide us with your name, phone number and email address.
- Donation or Payments: If you make a donation or payment through any of our sites, we collect Personal Information that is associated with a credit card or paypal account.
- Forms: If you fill out any forms requesting information or registering for one of our programs such as Naaleh Torah Tutors or Naaleh College, you fill out information such as your name, number, email address, and academic information.
- User Content: If you upload content to our website, then you have stored your Personal Information with us.
- Communications – Any contact us form that you fill out for feedback or inquiries, or comments on posts requires you to fill out Personal Information.
- Technical Information: Certain technical information you provide us when you are interacting with any of our platforms, such as your IP address, browser activity and your devices approximate location.
- Third party services:
- Social Networks: If you interact with our site through social platforms like Facebook or Twitter, we may receive Personal Information from them. You should review and adjust your personal settings in the social platform before linking to our site.
- Analytical services: We use google analytics which provides the sites with metrics and other analytical services. This platform may collect, Personal Information as well as non-Personal Information such as device type, browser, language preferences, gender as well as other demographics. In addition, we may track your user interaction with our sites and services.
- Schools and organizations may share information with us in order to service you properly as a student in Naaleh College or Naaleh Tutors.
This Personal Information is necessary for us to service you and to comply with regulatory obligations.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information
We process your personal data to operate and improve our services for your benefit, such as:
- User Experience: We may use your information to allow you to properly use our services and to create the best experience for you. We can use your information to: create and manage user accounts, verify identity of users, customize user experience, personalize preferences based on your activity, prevent fraud or spam, and to enhance the effectiveness of our service.
- Communications: We keep you informed about our websites and help you in their use and therefore may use your information to provide you with service announcements, updates, offers, respond to inquiries and general support.
- Analytics and research: We may use your Personal Information to determine the demographics of our users, traffic usage and other patterns.
- Marketing: We may use your Personal Information to send you emails regarding new opportunities within the Bais Midrash of Queens initiatives. We may also send you third party promotional materials we feel you may be interested in and may be beneficial for you. If you wish you can unsubscribe to our emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the emails.
- Donation Soliciting: We use the data to request donations that will help us continue to provide you with our services.
- Contractual Requirements: We process your Personal Information as a matter of our contract with our users to perform our services Failing to provide this information may result in your ability to use our services
- Legal: We may need to process your information to comply with legal obligations, protect you from fraud or security threats, prevent spam, or to follow any other regulations.
With Whom We Share This Information
- Internal Parties: We share this information with our internal parties such as employees, in order to provide you with our services.
- Third Party service providers: We may share your information with our providers such as
- Fraud prevention and spam service providers;
- Ad networks and exchanges;
- Analytics service providers;
- Hosting service providers;
- Monitoring service providers;
- Data management platforms;
- Customer Relationship Databases
- Security service providers;
- Payment processors
- Marketing affiliates
- User content: It should be noted that content users upload to the website becomes public and is accessible to anyone on the internet, such as lectures and comments.
- Legal bodies – We may share your information to protect our policies and take precautions against liabilities, to protect the security of our site and its users. We may disclose your Personal Information if requested by regulatory bodies and authorities.
- Company transaction: If BMQ, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that BMQ goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of BMQ may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Security of Data
We protect your data using commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards. If a breach of our security would ever occur and the information was compromised, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those affected individuals and take all necessary steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
International Transfer of Data:
As our offices as well as our service providers are located around the world, any information collected may be stored and processed in various jurisdictions, for the purposes detailed in this policy.
- Marketing: If you do not wish to receive any marketing emails, you can easily unsubscribe through clicking on the link “Unsubscribe” from the bottom of any email or you can email us with the contact information in the “Contacting US” section below.
- If you reside in the EU (or in a jurisdiction that affords you with the below rights), you have additional rights for your Personal Information. You can:
- Access your Personal Information either by contacting us through the email listed in the “Contacting Us” section or by reviewing your profile on the site.
- Rectify your Personal Information. You can correct it by logging into your account or by emailing us.
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed,
- Request erasure of your Personal Information
- Object to the processing of Personal Information by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your Personal Information by us.
- Request a copy of your Personal Information in a machine-readable format and/or transmit your Personal Information to another controller.
- File a complaint about our practices with a supervisory authority.
Your Personal Information will be retained as long as necessary to provide our users with our services and to be consistent with the original purpose of collecting the information. We may retain your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, enforce our policies, advance our legitimate business interests, collect fees, resolve disputes or otherwise permitted by law.
You may contact us regarding this policy or any other comments by email:
Or via postal mail:
Bais Midrash of Queens
17 Fort George Hill Apt 7J New York, NY 10040